MAJOR BENEFITS OF SHADE CLOTH
- Provides over 90% cool shade.
- Provides up to 96% UV protection.
- Protects people and assets from heat, dust, wind, rain and hail.
- Ensures over 70% water run-off.
- Allows hot air to escape through the fabric, substantially reducing temperature under the canopy.
- It is cost effective (compared to canvas, vinyl, wood or aluminium).
- It is attractive and functional.
- It can generate income by carrying signage and logos.
- Structures are certified structurally sound, with a five year warranty.
- They allow flexibility; either permanent or removable.
- Shade cloth is environmentally friendly.
- Does not require a building license.
- Architecturally compatible with different roof styles, colours, heights, or shapes.
- Structures available for patio / dining areas, tennis courts, swimming pools, playgrounds.
- 12-15 years life expectancy.
- 5 year Limited Warranty against tearing, fraying and cracking.
- Low initial cost, low replacement cost.
- Lowest cost per square metre for cancer protection against the sun’s harmful rays.
- Structurally sound, fully engineered, modular system.
- Inexpensive cloth replacement.
This is a unique feature and benefit of Shade Cloth. Because it is knitted, the fabric is porous which allows hot air to escape. This results in cooler air under the canopy. Canvas and other solid fabrics or solid steel structures, which are non-porous, do not allow heat to escape. This causes heat to actually build up under the canopy and result in temperatures being hotter than outside the canopy.
NEED FOR UV AND HEAT PROTECTION
- Ultraviolet radiation causes skin cancer and cataracts in humans. As the ozone layer continues to decrease, the risk of such health hazards increases.
- Shade Cloth shields up to 99% of these harmful cancer causing UV rays. This is of great value, especially to operators of day care centres, schools, country clubs, and water parks.
- Car dealerships should be concerned with fading paintwork and cracking dashboards.
- Day care operators and school officials should be concerned with extremely hot metal or melting plastic on play equipment and jungle gyms. Shade Cloth provides the necessary protection.
The polyethylene fabric requires very little maintenance but as with most things – like buying a new car, annual servicing is required. We have formulated two packages, “Standard and Premium” that ensure top quality service for the right price. Please see our “Aftersales/Maintenance services” page for details.
Furthermore, should you feel the fabric requires a freshen up then you can simply hose it down from underneath giving it a thorough soaking, be sure to start from the high point and work your way down to the lowest point. This would suffice until the annual service is carried out where we also check all fixings for continued safety.